Our “slip-fit” clarinet ligature is easy to use—just slip it over your reed and mouthpiece. It securely holds the reed in place without stymying your vibrations. You’ll enjoy freedom and flexibility with newfound tonal center.
The BEHN clarinet ligature combines the best of “non-metal” ligatures—freedom and warmth—with the best of “metal” ligatures—focus and resonance. Where metal ligatures can be bright and stymying, and non-metal ligatures can be spread and dull, the BEHN ligature is truly effective at bringing the best of both worlds into a simple and easy-to-use solution.
When adjusting your reeds, the BEHN ligature will always go to the same position so that your evaluations won’t be skewed by inconsistent placement or tension.
The BEHN ligature is super fast and precise – you can change reeds quickly and on the go.
BEHN clarinet ligatures perfectly fit BEHN clarinet mouthpieces, allowing your mouthpiece and ligature to vibrate with the reed as one.
NOTE: For clarinetists who frequently change from B-flat to A clarinet, we recommend simply using the same barrel for both and change with the mouthpiece and barrel as a unit. BEHN adjustable barrels are a wonderful option to consider in this application.
Because BEHN ligatures are designed to fit a specific mouthpiece body, choosing the correct style/size is important. Please see below for our guidelines. Please feel free to contact us for any questions about fitment.
- Behn EPIC – select E series
- Behn EVOKE – select E series
- Behn SONO (old) – select E series
- Behn SONO (new) – select V series
- Behn VINTAGE – select V series
- Behn HERO – select V series
- PRESCOTT – select V series
- Vandoren mouthpieces – select V series
- D'Addario mouthpieces - select E series
- E- is designed for Legere and VERY thin reeds.
- E is designed for normal “thin” reeds such as Vandoren blue box.
- E+ is designed for thicker reeds such as V12, ARIA, and BRIO.
- V- is designed for Legere and VERY thin reeds.
- V is designed for normal “thin” reeds such as Vandoren blue box.
- V+ is designed for thicker reeds such as V12, ARIA, and BRIO.